Efficacy of Two Novel Hemostatic Agents in a Coagulopathic Model of Sever Hemorrhage and other agents.
LCDE Ryan Buckley, et al. Combat Trauma Research Group,
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth Virginia Military Health System Research Symposium 2016 Poster Presentation
Uncontrolled hemorrhage is the leading cause of fatality.
Many wound dressings have been developed for use in emergency traumatic situations and for potentially fatal hemorrhages.
Let’s take a closer look at the comparisons and differences between ChitoGauze®, Combat Gauze®, Celox Rapid® and other agents.
- TCCC has approved 3 hemostatic products: Combat Gauze, ChitoGauze and Celox Gauze.
- 20% are junctional wounds not amenable to tourniquet
- Exsanguination is the #1 cause of preventable battlefield death
- 35 female swine (sus scofa), 35-45kg
Kheirabadi Femoral Artery Hemorrhage Model
- 6mm arterial punch
- left femoral artery
- 45 seconds free bleed
- Application of agent with 3 minutes of pressure
- 2.5 hours
ChitoGauze is a leading hemostasis product and outperformed Celox Rapid and Combat Gauze.
- ChitoGauze had the highest observed survival rate (100% animal testing)
- ChitoGauze had the least amount of blood loss and no re-bleeds
- 60% of the animals reached hemostasis successfully after 3 minutes of compression
ChitoGauze is a leading hemostasis product and outperformed Celox Rapid and Combat Gauze and other agents ChitoGauze provides immediate bleeding control and best possible patient care on the battlefield and emergency situations to help save lives. Many of our competitors are not as effective for severe hemorrhagic coagulopathy as shown in this study.
- 60% reached hemostasis after 3 minutes of compression using ChitoGauze
- 43% reached hemostasis after 3 minutes of compression using Celox Rapid
- 25% reached hemostasis after 3 minutes of compression using Combat Gauze
- ChitoGauze had the least amount of blood loss (696ml)
- Celox Rapid had 1562ml of blood loss
- Combat Gauze had 1551ml of blood loss
- ChitoGauze – 100% survival rate
- Celox Rapid – 57% survival rate
- Combat Gauze – 38% survival rate